Friday 17 July 2009

Zero hour

Did a full hour of near-as-dammit zero energy usage last night. All lights were off, No TV, video, DVD, PC, Sky, Microwave action and no phone calls. Felt good. Even after the hour my zero usage carried on although I cheated a little as I was on my laptop but that was battery usage and the point of this was to save money. Not the planet.

On top of that, the new insulation layer got installed in our loft yesterday meaning we now have a 270mm duvet over our heads to keep the heat in over the coming winter. It should mean we don't need the heating on as much but I guess only time will tell on that front. Certainly, the leccy bill last week was enough to provoke the zero hour on it's own. Everything else is a bonus.

Went camping with Alfie for the first time last weekend. Here is a photo. I think he enjoyed himself. Today, on the other hand, I HOPE he enjoys himself. Legs is back to work and so he is in nursery all day. Fingers crossed.