Thursday 12 August 2010

What time is it?

I am sat here at my desk and I have just remembered that I was up at 1am this morning banging around in the dark trying to find a cup for some water to appease a screaming child. Isn't it funny what the brain decides to forget as useless pish. This little episode certainly counts. It is also pretty cool what the human body is able to do while otherwise pretty much asleep. In this case, get up, go down to the kitchen and get a cup of water, return to child's room, pick up 2 year old and take to mummy and daddy's bed for a calming drink, return 2 year old to bed and return to sweet sweet slumber.

In other news. The kitchen floor is finished * and I have a poker night tonight. Total unknown. £20 buy-in. 25-30 runners probably. We'll see. Haven't played live poker in a long time. I live in a world where the blinds go up every 3 minutes so a live (and deep stacked) tourney where they go up every 20 minutes might take a little adjusting to. I have my wingman going with me tonight and I also know one of the other runners as the manager of the Top Q snooker/pool/poker room here in Gloucester.

Need a holiday. Always need a holiday. Really looking forward to taking legs away for our 6th anniversay. 6 years. Wowza!

That's it. NGTFOOMO.

* Finished is a fluid term. Legs and I are really good at getting jobs to a 90% finished stage and claiming victory. TBC...