Tuesday 25 January 2011

Nothing to see here.

Ok so this isn't really a blog post. It's more the sort of thing I would put on twitter or facebook but I couldn't think of a way to put it in only a few words.

LOOK UP (Or at least across!)

Everyday I walk around and I see people looking at their shoes as they walk from place to place. As an outsider looking on it is simple the most depressing sight. Not only is it a horrific depressing sight but you miss so much of the world. Legs once told me that she saw such beauty in London just by looking up and enjoying the beautiful architecture of the streets. It is the same here. So many people in Gloucester (and elsewhere I'm sure) spend so much time looking at the floor that I doubt they actually realise they live in an impressive city.

I might add, to finish, that I am just as guilty as the next person for looking down but I am picking myself up on it now and looking around. I am looking where I am going too.... just appreciating the journey more.... ;-)