Wednesday 4 February 2009

Monotony and the old school

Working days are all the same. Work my ass off and go home with a longer 'to do' list. It is lucky I love my job otherwise things could be really depressing. Once home the evening has a very relaxed yet rigid structure to it. Playing, feeding, bathing, cleaning, feeding and putting to sleep are all done pretty much to the minute as one step outside safe routine boundaries is bound to cause distress to Alfie and by association on to us... wouldn't have it any other way mind.

Things are looking good for some poker action around my house in a couple of weeks time. Just awaiting final confirmation of numbers from Oxford way and the local invite will go out. Should be awesome.



As for the old-school part of the title. This is referring to the music I find myself listening to today. I have Kruder and Dorfmeister in my ears right now. This morning I was listening to Insane Clown Posse - my mind flies back to a cracking gig night with Ash - and in a minute I will be switching to listen to the Cranberries. All very nice.