Sunday 31 May 2009

Making chips on FullTiltPoker.net

I have a plan to make a good few chips fairly easily on FullTiltPoker.net. The only reason to do this, I will say in advance, is to get enough chips to play on tables were people play properly. I had a similar issue playing facebook poker until I could finally afford to play the bigger tables.

The technique is simple, get in the payout places a lot in a lot of tournements. Sounds time consuming? Not so much. I think I need about 30-40 minutes to set them all going and then come back 3 hours later for the final tables...

There are three things that make the above possible. One is a rule on FullTiltPoker where you can play in as many tournaments as you like at any one time. The second is a quirk of the small tournament where by people generally shove with any even quarter decent hand in the first couple of plays and the winner of that hand generally quads or quints his stack. The third and final thing about this is that the blind structure is so fast and vicious that once sitting on a decent stack like this you can set your 'sit out next hand' flag and walk away. You are pretty much guarenteed a final seat table and if you can sit for longer, probably a top 4/5 finish. Obviously, if you want to make a few more chips, play the final table and do what you can...

So. Get several, like lots, of tournaments going. Set the 'away' flag as soon as you hit the big win over the first two or three hands and come back later to go for the win!

I will let you know how I get on once I have a chance to put my plan into action!